Monday, November 6

Album review #5: Maroon 5's Red Pill Blues

This will not happen again. Next time I make promises to you guys, I will check my schedule first :p

And now! The album review! How I did this: I listened to the full album and gave my impressions. They might not necessarily be accurate.

Track 1: Best 4 You (2/10)
~Repetitive, like all Maroon 5 songs, but this one is quite annoying. The verses hurt my ears. Adam Levine hits all the wrong notes.

Track 2: What Lovers Do (ft. SZA) (10/10)
~Extremely catchy. SZA sounds fantastic, I love her voice. The production is fantastic and it totally matches Adam Levine and SZA.

Track 3: Wait (10/10)
~My favourite song on the album! Extremely catchy. I love the build-up in the chorus. The verses are mellow, but still great. The balance between sections is perfect.

Track 4: Lips On You (8/10)
~The style doesn't match Maroon 5. The song would be fantastic if sung by someone who has experience with meaningful songs. But everybody has to start somewhere!

Track 5: Bet My Heart (4/10)
~Painful production, however, this shows that Adam can still sing low. The chorus is great, but similar to Lips On You, Maroon 5 sound awkward while singing slow.

Track 6: Help Me Out (w/ Julia Michaels) (3/10)
~Julia Michaels, oh no. The song has acceptable production, and Adam sounds great. But Julia Michaels destroys the song with her awful voice.

Track 7: Who I Am (ft. Lunchmoney Lewis) (1/10)
~Annoying. Lunchmoney Lewis is perfectly useless, and destroys the song. the song itself is boring.

Track 8: Whiskey (w/ A$AP Rocky) (2/10)
~What is it with Maroon 5 and their mellow attempts? There is no build-up, everything stays the same. Maroon 5 are heading downwards!

Track 9: Girls Like You (9/10)
~There we go! Some beat is back. I must say, I was surprised with the amount of mellow songs Maroon 5 put on this album. This one is fun, catchy, and I love the chorus.

Track 10: Closure (10/10)
~It sucks that this must be bought with the album. The song combined everything about the new Maroon 5, the falsetto, the low voice, production, and perfect build-up.

Track 11: Denim Jacket (explicit) (7/10)
~Great build-up. I feel like this is a song that would be very popular a while ago, it is that style. This reminds me of performances on The Voice.

Track 12: Visions (10/10)
~Fantastic! Very catchy, the song is so much fun to listen to, great production. Makes me forget all problems. I have a project due tomorrow, or I can listen To Wait and Visions.

Track 13: Plastic Rose (3/10)
~I haven't made any comment about the lyrics before, but here that aspect is the only good part. Adam went too high with his falsetto this time.

Track 14: Don't Wanna Know (ft. Kendrick Lamar) (10/10)
~I still love the lyrics, the production, the balance, the chorus, every single aspect of this song is just fun!

Track 15: Cold (ft. Future) (explicit) (6/10)
~I more or less grew into this. It is moderately catchy. However, I would not have thought of this as a single. More of a filler.

Thanks for viewing! Let me know you opinions on there songs in the comments section!

Top 5:
1. Wait
2. Visions
3. Closure
4. Don't Wanna Know
5. What Lovers Do

6 comments: